3 Days of Winter Family Fun in Radium Hot Springs
The Village of Radium Hot Springs in the Columbia Valley, offers so many outdoor activities and winter family fun. Here’s how you can make the most of your next visit.
Day 1: Start with a soothing soak in the Hot Springs
- One of the huge draws to the Village of Radium Hot Springs is, of course, the Radium Hot Springs Pools. After hours of travel, there’s nothing better than a hot soak nestled under the protection of rugged snow-covered rock cliffs. The cold of winter offers some particularly unique fun in the hot mineral waters – frozen hair and eyelashes!
- Dinner: rested and relaxed, head out for a casual meal at one of the great pubs in town.
Day 2: Your mountain adventure begins – Nordic skiing, fat biking, and more
- Grab a quick breakfast at a nearby cafe to start the In addition to a great coffee, be sure to grab something for energy because this is going to be an active day. Don’t forget to stock up on sandwiches and snacks for later!
- Get ready for an incredible day, enjoying of one of the most precisely groomed and maintained Nordic trail systems in Western Canada: Nipika Mountain Resort. Located 30 minutes from Radium Hot Springs, bordering Kootenay National Park, this is active, winter fun for all. Experienced Nordic skier? You’ll enjoy 50km of groomed classic and skate ski trails. Beginner? Book a lesson, individually or as a group, to get the very most of this spectacular experience. Equipment is available for rent.
- You can’t leave Nipika without getting out on the snowy trails on a fat bike, snowshoes, or both! There are 30km of dedicated fat bike trails, groomed into smooth corduroy from which you’ll enjoy scenic views, forested trails, and a ride across the Natural and Canyon
- Dinner: after so much activity and fresh air, you’ll be ready for a great meal! Enjoy an evening of fine family dining in one of Radium’s several restaurants – leave room for one (or two!) fabulous desserts!
Day 3: Family fun – sledding, tobogganing, and tubing
- Breakfast: start the day off right with a home-cooked breakfast – traditional eggs ’n bacon or a hearty breakfast burrito – in one of the delicious eateries
- Get out and take in the Rocky Mountain outdoors once again! Sledding, tobogganing, and tubing at Legend’s Field, is a terrific and FREE activity to burn off breakfast and enjoy fun, quality family time – who doesn’t love the feel of the wind on your face as you speed down the slope and tumble, laughing, into a snowbank?!
- Time to head home… but not before warming up! A great last stop on your way out of town: a final hot soak in the Radium Hot Springs Pools. Exactly what the doctor ordered to relax the kids for the drive.