Radium Harvest Festival
- Sun • October 25, 2015 • 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Looking for a fall family activity this October? Then check out the first annual Radium Harvest Festival!
The Village of Radium will be hosting a day of fun filled activities for all ages. The Radium Harvest Festival will feature a market, crafts and games for the little ones, face painting, pumpkin painting, and a special appearance by Radium’s very own mascot Randy the Ram. Make sure you check out our petting zoo!!! Yes that’s right, come visit with some friendly local farm friends. There will also be hot chocolate and popcorn sales with proceeds going to support future Radium Events.
Don’t forget about the pumpkin carving contest. Bring your carved pumpkins to the Radium Harvest Festival at the Visitor Centre by 1:30 pm on Saturday October 25th for judging. There will be lots of prizes to be won, so make sure you check out the full contest details and rules below.
While enjoying all the festival activities, head over to our Bratwurst BBQ and Beer Tasting sponsored by Mountainside Market and the Horsethief Pub located just inside the Moutainside Market parking lot. Enjoy some international beer and taste some authentic international eats.
- There are two age categories – Junior (12 & under) Adult (13 & up)
- Entries must be received between 11:00am & 1:30pm on Sunday October 25th at the Radium Visitor Centre
- Judging will commence at 1:30 pm
- Pumpkin must stand upright without any prop, artificial base, or other external support
- The pumpkins cannot be painted or have any decorations attached to the pumpkin
- Pumpkins MUST be carved
- Pumpkin carvings can be originals, or carved from commercially available stencils, etc. Pumpkins will be judged on carving skills, and overall esthetic appeal
- Carving subjects deemed inappropriate will not be judged or displayed
- The owner’s name, age category, address, phone & email must be attached securely to the BACK of the pumpkin on an index card or piece of paper.
- Pumpkin entries can be picked up by their owners at 3:00pm from the Radium Visitor Centre lawn