Columbia River Paddle Palooza and Reel Paddling Film Festival
Columbia River Paddle-Palooza is a FREE, fun, and family oriented event held along the shorelines of Kinsmen beach.
Want to try paddling? Try out the kayaks, canoes and SUP’s we have in our inventory and /or join some of our paddling activities!
Demonstrations will include
– How to paddle a canoe
– Switching seats on the water
– How to rescue an overturned canoe
– Get your friends back in the canoe if they flipped
– Flat water kayaking
– Kayak rolling
– Stand up paddle boards
– Yoga SUP
– Balance skills
– Race demo with Jacqueline Pinnsoneault –
– Intro to paddling boarding – Jacqueline
– How to rescue an overturned raft
– Paddle demonstration by the Invermere Rowing Club (to be confirmed)
“Try ’em before you buy ‘em”
Thinking about buying a new kayak (flat and white water), canoe or Stand up Paddle board?
Here’s your opportunity to try a variety of paddle craft (canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards). Experts and vendors will be on hand.
Skill testing and competitions and clinics:
– Kayak, canoe and SUP skill competition
– Throw bag toss competition
– Inflatable SUP pump competition –
– Waterski competition (behind our 8 seater canoe
Submit your team to compete!
– Kayak rolling demonstrations, instruction and practice
– Tandem canoe carrying competition
Paddle Presentation Theatre
– Whitewater Standup Paddle Boarding (Brenna)
– Family canoe trip / Canoeing with babies and little kids (Rick Kubian)
– The Nationals on Toby Creek in 1980 (Taoya)
– Lake Windermere Ambassadors (to be confirmed)
– RCMP – save water practices (to be confirmed)
Reel Paddling Film Festival
– At the CP lodge at Kinsmen
– Starting 7pm doors open at 6:30 (2-2.5 hr show)
Pre purchased: $15/ $10 children 12 and under
Tickets available at Columbia River Paddle (main location – Athalmere bridge)
At the door: $20/ $15 children 12 and under.
Only 80 tickets available
Popcorn and drinks available
Door prices and swag giveaways