Ever wondered what it is like to see our Bighorn Sheep in Full Rutting Action? Join us for the Headbanger Festival!
The Bighorn Sheep have been a focal attraction in the Village of Radium Hot Springs for decades and their daily presence and beauty is something we in Radium are proud to celebrate. At the Headbanger Festival we do just that!
This event will not only give you the opportunity to witness the Bighorn Sheep in their annual rut, you will also get a chance to learn all about them from our lineup of talented presenters.
The Headbanger Festival be full of hands on, interactive workshops; that will provide you with all you need to know about the Bighorn Sheep, Urban Wildlife Issues and the Parks Canada Restoration Areas. Prepare to get your hands dirty and have a little fun at this year's family interactive, creative wildlife art workshop on Sunday hosted by Andrea Smillie and Black Star Studios!
NEW! This year to the Headbanger Festival we have added a fabulous photography workshop with Jim Lawrence and Barb Butchart, and keynote speaker Charlie Russell on Saturday Evening.
- Wildlife photographer Jim Lawrence is an ethical photographer and strives to present images that will inspire respect for life in endangered ecosystems. Jim will sharing some of expertise on how to photograph wildlife.
- Founding director of the Pacific Rim Grizzly Bear Co-Existence Study Charlie Russell, will share his experiences and stories with us.
Headbanger Festival Schedule of Events:
Saturday November 5th
9:30 AM Registration - Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs - (Banquet Room)
10:00 AM - Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs - (Banquet Room)
- The Bighorn Experience with Kent Kebe, Local Bighorn Sheep Enthusiast
- Hands on, interactive discussion all about the Bighorn Sheep and local wildlife
12:00 - 1:00 PM - Group on own for Lunch
1:00 PM – 2:15 PM Best Western Plus Prestige Inn Radium Hot Springs - (Banquet Room)
- Urban Wildlife with Andrea Smillie – Wildsafe BC
- Enjoy an interpretive presentation with Radium’s Wildsafe BC representative.
- Learn about the wildlife issues we have in our community and the programs in place to avoid human interaction issues.
2:30 PM – 4:00 PM - Photography with Jim Lawrence & Barb Butchart
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM - Explore the Village, Photograph the Sheep, enjoy a short break prior to Dinner with Charlie!
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Dinner with Charlie
Sunday November 6th
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Family Creative, Interactive, Wildlife Art Workshop
Your choice of 2 great Interpretive Hikes!
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM - Vegetation and Wildlife Corridor along Sinclair Creek
- Discover one of Radium’s trail systems that takes you along the Sinclair Creek to the Columbia River Valley. This trail boasts beautiful landscapes and a vast array of plants and wildlife.
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM - Redstreak Restoration Areas
- Adults (13+) $50.00
- Children (ages 5-12) $20.00
Only interested in attending a workshop or 2 or perhaps just dinner with Charlie Russell? Workshop and Dinner pricing as follows:
Adult Dinner with Charlie Russell $30.00
Child Dinner with Charlie Russell $20.00
Individual Workshops $10.00 per person
Follow the links for Media Coverage from the 2016 Event!
Click on the Image Below to Register